**heres Where You Can Buy Peel And Seal On The Interweb!**

req
5,000+ posts

am a mod.
Syracuse, NY
as title states. i just found where i bought mine a while back (lost the link, now its found)

http://www.rwc.org/store/index.html

just drop the menu and find PEEL AND SEAL. good prices. and they are real people and do send the product. works just as fine as my SecondSkin does ... from what i can tell, they look exactally the same, and look\feel the same, and are basically the same thickness.

for all you newbies, its the same thing as dynamat, but not as overpriced. its a roofing material that is *THE SAME PRODUCT FOR A DIFFERENT MARKET*

it absorbs vibrations in the metal panels of your trunk if you did not know. helps with SPL levels in most vehicles and make the bass sound much smoother if thats the right term for it. just thought id post this and give this site A+ feedback.

it can also sometimes be found at LOWES and HOME DEPOT, but not in my area. so i got it online. great prices, great product, buy some instead of dynamat.

sticky is in order //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

stuff works great. many can attest to it. heres my pictures of it -

2ps.jpg

3ps.jpg

4ps.jpg

5ps.jpg

7ps.jpg

8ps.jpg

9ps.jpg

now subscribe to this thread for your own future refrence. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thanks for the link.

i need to deaden my ride badly but was worried if generic products would work as good as dynamat, second skin, edead, ect. i think i'll spin by home depot in a bit to see if they have some in stock.

I agree, the heat tolerance is minimal. It also does have the best adhesive prvided for longevity. Yes of course people will say..."Well they put it on roofs for decades" at the same time a roof is a semi flat pitch, then covered with shingles. Of course its not gonna fall off.

Ive seen it used a few times, and Ive seen it fall off, as well as smell quite bad in high temps.

well its worked quite well for me, i live in NY and it gets in the 90~100's here durring the summer. i put it in on an ~85 degree day, and its worked ever since with no peeling off or anything.

and it looks, smells, feels, and looks to be the same as my EdeadV.1

so its worked great for me TBH.

ive got 5 rolls worth of that stuff in my trunk right now...

in the spring i plan to paint over all of it with some

edead in its new BLACK color!!!!!!!!!!

as you can see. people use it and it works fine. as long as you PROPERLY clean the surface and PROPERLY apply this stuff, it sticks like a mother*****r.

so i wouldnt worry about it.

but yes, Edead and Secondskin are great alternatives if you can get them at discount. any product(s) in the $1\sqft range is worth it.

http://www.secondskinaudio.com - ant will help you in any way\shape\form with any product you buy. he is a great guy.

http://www.edesignaudio.com - great stuff, just abou the same feel\look\smell\stickyness of peel and seal (that i can tell) at about the same price. and the liquid stuff is awesome. i cant wait to put my aqua blu deadener on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yep I have some in my tunk too, it works great but I put two layers on and the second layer has started to come off... I think I didn't apply it very well, Im gonna wait till spring to do the rest of the trunk and door panels.

I'd recommned you check out Lowes first if possible. I got my roll of 6" x 33.5 for 12.50 on the site there, that would have cost you $15. Mine's going on as soon as I get some decent weather around here...

I have 2 layers of P&S on my trunk lid, and a layer on the inside and outside of my door panel. Stuff works, and sticks.

It doesn't actually use a glue, it's just the tar-like substance underneath adheres like a sum-bi*ch and stays that way. I know this because I was using a salamander heater to melt what I thought was glue, and my fingers would sink into the tar and adhere themselves. I lost prints on two fingers that day. =)

owch. thats not good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

but, this is for people without a lowes, and without the want for dynamat or more expensive alternatives.

just thought id post where i got mine because i couldnt get it locally and it was before the ED group by and the Secondskin discount.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.