Here is my shopping list TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD LOOK INTO!!!

drasik
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
T.O.
Okay it's four years and time to renew my Deck. Been out of car audio for about 2 years now(ever since I bought my house!!!)and am looking for advice cuz I trust the opinions of people in this forum.

I want to upgrade from my Alpine 9815 and in my opionion was the last good deck Alpine ever made. So I have to find something that has a lot of it's features while still upgrading.

Being a long time alpine man I've looked at the 9857 and DVA 9860(been thinking about some screens in my ride) but it looks like it deosn't have the eq functions that the 9815 has. I've been reading up on these alpine decks and people aren't felling them.

I need something that has:

-Good EQ controls

-Blue tooth

-Ipod and mp3 compatible

-USB optional

-possible DVD playback

-Has similar to better features than the 9815

Anybody got any suggestions??

Pioneer 980BT.

Not sure on how the EQ is though, for almost as high end as you can get from pioneer (besides the 880-PRS and the P9 Combo) the EQ would be decent I would assume.

What options of those listed could you live without if necessary?

I really want to try and have all those features. I need EQ settings because I need total control over my sounds. I adjust it constantly. However I'm very open to other brands other than Alpine. I'm just looking into what would be the right fit for me. Something that will last me another 4 years.

DVA 9860 and external alpine EQ?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif by eq perhaps h701?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I really want to try and have all those features. I need EQ settings because I need total control over my sounds. I adjust it constantly. However I'm very open to other brands other than Alpine. I'm just looking into what would be the right fit for me. Something that will last me another 4 years.
880 prs should work well for you. Dual (left and right side) 16 band eq's. At around $300 or so online, its at a good price, too.

Unless you want to go higher end than that. What is your budget?

The only problem with the pioneers is that they have no mp3/ipod hook up capabilitites. Everything revolves around having a CD. I want to try and get away from that. Any other suggestions???

The only problem with the pioneers is that they have no mp3/ipod hook up capabilitites. Everything revolves around having a CD. I want to try and get away from that. Any other suggestions???
Huh?

They sell an adapter for use with the ipod.

The 980BT definatley has an aux input and I do believe the 880PRS has one as well incase by some off chanve you dont have an ipod. if you have an ipod the CD-IB100II is all you need to hook up the ipod.

Here is my two cents. If you want all of that functionality then I would say stick with alpine. Here is what you will need. You can also later add additional changer, or HD Radio, or Sat Radio.

IVA-W200 - Double din touch screen

KCA-100BT - Blue Tooth Adapter

KCA-620M - USB Adapter for MP3 (only if you really want it)

KCE-422i - Ipod connector

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.