Here i what i ordered, How ya think it will sound?

Amp: Bazooka MGA11000H (wont let me post link, claims to do 1008 at 2 ohms) from crutchfield.

Sub: Alpine Type R 2 ohm dvc. That way when i decide to order another one i can get a 2ohm final load, 4 ohm final right now will be alright for me.

Ported Box: 2 cubes tuned to 32 hz. (from box plans on here)

Any good/bad on that amp? and like all other posts how you thnk this will sound? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Soundscraftsmen MA5002 is a class H amp. Great design.

As for the combo...Sounds alright, but I would imagine you paid WAY too much for it since you bought from Crutchfield, and thus there would have been better choices.

From what I hear, Bazooka amps do their rated power, but get hot quickly. Type R's are great subs for the money, but you have to be careful saying that here because the nuthuggers will bury you if you try and say anything good about that sub.

The amp was like $220, I wasnt fore sure if it would actually do what it claims without overheating and messing up. I decided on that one because i could give the one type r about 500 watts I think is what it said for 4 ohm and when i decided to get another one and wire it down to two ohms together it would be giving both of them 500 each still.

I've done a type R in a 2 cube @29 hz enclosure and that thing was a low end monster. I was quite impressed on it's output, but it was a bit sloppy for my tastes. I was coming from an old Adire Brahma 10 mk1 though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif 500 watts would do well for it, I wired mine up to 1500 for a lil while but the coil got a little stinky. Ran it in series after that seeing ~500rms and it was much happier.

Class H is actually quite common. It is a multi-rail design. Much pro audio gear uses it, and I've had even cheap home audio receivers that used it, e.g. Technics. It typically has efficiency higher than that of Class AB, but not as good as Class D. Another example of Class H is a rail-tracking power supplie like BASH, which is used on many home audio/computer subwoofers.

Bazooka, on the other hand, is not a brand I have ever trusted.

Type R's are great subs for the money, but you have to be careful saying that here because the nuthuggers will bury you if you try and say anything good about that sub.
I used to love my type R, got loud, sounded decent, handled power well and best of all it was cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.