Help!!!

Originally posted by kuh_ris31 that helps a bit, but what is RMS or peak and stuff... im sorry, im new to tha game.... how much do they cost? but the max on the XPlods are 700 a piece.. wouldn't 400 be too weak or what?
You have to look more at the RMS number than the MAX number. Very simply,RMS is the amount of power (watts) a sub can handle continuously. MAX in the maximum amount of power the sub can handle. RMS is the important number. Since those subs are 250 RMS a piece, you'd need an amp that can put out about 500 watts RMS. There are a ton of amps that can put out that power for cheap.

JBL 600.1 is one.

look at Profile amps at circuit city and online

Dammit snova, you keep posting before me and we are saying the same things.

Originally posted by kuh_ris31 that went over my head!!! please read my previous message about my subs... and then put it in (pardon the french) dumbass terms for me... please...
Ok, the impedance of the subs will determine how much power they will receive from an amplifier. The lower the impedance, the more power will be received, along with higher current draw and heat(don't worry about those now though).

So, your subs are single voice coil 4 ohm subs. If you wire them together (connect the + from one to the + of the other, then connect those to the + on the amp, and same with -), you will create a 2 ohm load on the amplifier.

So basically, you want to look for an amp that says it does 450-500 watts x1 channel at 2 ohms...

Originally posted by kuh_ris31 whats the difference between a 1channel and 2channel and all the stuff?
1 channel amps are generally used for subwoofer(s). multi channel amps (2+channels) are usually for speakers, however, a lot of them can be bridged into one channel...

Most 1 channel amps are Class D amps, they are more efficient then most other amps (usually Class A/B). They will draw less current at high powers.

Originally posted by kuh_ris31 ok, so what should i get for an amp? JBL600.1 like the guy earlier said? or what?
If you can afford it. look @ http://www.ikesound.com and look under JBL

Ikesounds prices are d@mn cheap.

190 something.

But w/ that amp you can always upgrade to a better sub // subs

I talked to someone to day, and he told me to get a 4 Channel Amp... would that be best? i think im gonna buy a box and amp off of someone to save some money... is that a good idea? and what about bass blockers? should i put em on my 3 1/2"s and my 6x9s and have my bass playin thru my subs only?

well- if he intends for you to get a 4 channel amp to power both your subs and your normal speakers- i would advise against this because you would have to put passive filter inline with the subs so that the amp doesnt send high frequencies to the sub that it cant produce... my suggestion is to get a mono (1 channel) amp for the subs and see if you need to increase the power to your other speakers from there if you want them louder...then if you want them louder, then buy a 4 channel amp...

hope i helped

-pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.