help

• Thread starter car subs on home stereo
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 841
    Participant count
  • Participant list
You actually paid for a pair of Concept ft12's!!!

***SMACK!!!!!!!!***

Your gonna hate yourself for buying those, I know I did.

Originally posted by Unregistered but is there any way to make a 4ohm sub play on a 8 ohm home stereo ?
You have two right, if they are both 4ohm wire them in series. Blam 8ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also, your question leads me to believe that you have no knowledge of how ohms work.

Well an amplifiers rating of ohms is a measure of how close to a dead short you can get it, 0 being a dead short(like touching the pos and neg wires together), now your home amp is rated to deliver power into a minimum load of 8 ohms and your sub is rated to put a load of 4 ohms on the amps outputs, so if you hook the sub up to the amp you will run it alot closer to a dead short than it can handle.(this is a really simple way of putting it)

Now you can wire the 2 subs in a SERIES circuit, to do this you take the positive wire from your amp and hook it up to the positve on the sub, now take the nagative from that sub and wire it to positive on the next sub and then back to the amps negative. Think of it as a path, the electrons go marching into the first voice coil and then out to the second and then back to the amp, as the electrons march through the first voice coil they encounter 4ohms of resistance when they go into the next coil they encounter 4 more ohms of resistance, giving a total resistance of 8ohms, which your home amplifier can handle.

P.S.- I sincerly hope that your concept subs bring you more joy than mine did . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am accutaly really impressed with my concept ft12's , i tryed them out in one of my freinds jeep both running off a lightning audio 320 watt 2 channel amp and it was pretty good i figered ,

how bad were your guy's sounding??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.