help with qlogic box

Participant count
  • Participant list

jere28

ohio
I bought a qlogic sub box that holds 3 subs and it only has one output where i have to connect all 3 subs.

I talked to a friend and he said my best bet would be to drill 2 more holes in the back behind the other 2 subs and put two more outputs for each sub so i would have 3 total. Well i really do not want to do that and i do not think Qlogic would make the box like that.

So i'm wondering if my box acts as one "channel" for an amp. So if i buy a 1500w X1 amp will it work just as good if i split my subs into different channels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JW

That box was designed so that all three subs fire at the same time. You need to wire those subs to a mono configuration that your amp can handle:

if amp can only handle 4 ohms in mono, and you have (3) 4 ohm svc subs...wire these in series (Amp positive to sub 1 positve, sub 1 negative to sub 2 positive, sub 2 negative to sub 3 positive, sub 3 negative to amp negative) You will not get much power this way...

There are tons more options...holler back with sub specs and we'll fill you in better...above is just ONE way...there are lots more...

wow sounds complicated.......lol

I have 3 subs i got for pretty cheap.

They are sony xplod 10's at 600 watts. Not sure what the RMS is.

I have this amp: https://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/product.asp?sku=10354 that i am going to temporarily use for the subs then once i can afford a nice amp for my subs i'll use the old one for my speakers.

I think i'll get the amp professionally installed since the kit i bought isn't working out for me.

Thanks for the help so far, i'll have to ask some friends to help me with that. (if they know what it all means)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.