Help with new system

mattyaz

I have been out of car audio for awhile guys and when I was last in the game Orion was all I wanted. Now I'm at a point in my life where I can afford it, but it seems like the game has changed. is Orion at all what it used to be or is it nothing close. All my local dealers are trying to push me to JL because I have a crew cab f150 and they say they our the best shallows and Orion is nothing compared to them. Please tell me they are wrong.

I have been out of car audio for awhile guys and when I was last in the game Orion was all I wanted. Now I'm at a point in my life where I can afford it, but it seems like the game has changed. is Orion at all what it used to be or is it nothing close. All my local dealers are trying to push me to JL because I have a crew cab f150 and they say they our the best shallows and Orion is nothing compared to them. Please tell me they are wrong.
I am old school too. Orion. PPI, Soundstream, ADS, were king in my day. Looks like now it is JL, Hertz and Mosconi. Looks like the only old school stuff that is still good is Diamond and Zapco. I got back into the game in 2012. I took a chance on the "new" Sondstream, the 760.4 and it has been a great amp, so even the mid and low grade stuff is pretty good today. Personally, I would not buy anything Hertz because it is pretty much identical to Polk, which is half the price.

I am old school too. Orion. PPI, Soundstream, ADS, were king in my day. Looks like now it is JL, Hertz and Mosconi. Looks like the only old school stuff that is still good is Diamond and Zapco. I got back into the game in 2012. I took a chance on the "new" Sondstream, the 760.4 and it has been a great amp, so even the mid and low grade stuff is pretty good today. Personally, I would not buy anything Hertz because it is pretty much identical to Polk, which is half the price.
No it is not

If you were a serious Orion audiophile then you like it loud and clear . My advice would be ... go to a compitition and listen to what is loud and clear now . 500w watts ain't what it used to be . And some of the stuff on the market now can seriously cause bodily harm not to mention destroy your vehicle . That being said Sundown Audio has my full attention . Good luck with your build .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.