Help with my Stereo...Bluetooth?

Participant count
  • Participant list

EnvoyT32

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello all,

Ive been having some issues with my stereo. Im running Herts Milie Series and a 10" JL sub with an Alpine amp wired in 2 ohm around 200W per channel and a RockF amp for the sub. 5 Farad Hybrid Capacitor and a LQ9 cleaner/converter.

In the past the stereo sounded great, but I had to buy a new phone here recently and it does not have an AUX port (its a Moto Edge Plus 2023). The issues I have been having I will list out for clarity.

1. No audio through a USB C to Aux cord. Ive got it to work maybe once or twice but quality is garbage for a few thousand-dollar stereo system.
2. A DAC does not work at all, even trying to go into developer options and change settings based on other things I read in some forums.
3. I found a Bluetooth receiver which does give me audio but I have to turn the audio up twice as much for the same audio and the bass is lacking.

I wanted to reach out to the community as im not sure where to go from here. Any Recommendations would be nice. I know theres a loss with bluetooth audio but if that is the best route, the best option for an audiophile outlook would be great. I really am unsure as to why the USB C to Aux did nothing but really, anyhelp would be great cause I am tired of wasting money in this economy just to have my stereo sound right. It is an older car so I dont have the option of the On board blutooth. It is a 2008 Honda accord coupe built to look like factory if that helps. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello all,

Ive been having some issues with my stereo. Im running Herts Milie Series and a 10" JL sub with an Alpine amp wired in 2 ohm around 200W per channel and a RockF amp for the sub. 5 Farad Hybrid Capacitor and a LQ9 cleaner/converter.

In the past the stereo sounded great, but I had to buy a new phone here recently and it does not have an AUX port (its a Moto Edge Plus 2023). The issues I have been having I will list out for clarity.

1. No audio through a USB C to Aux cord. Ive got it to work maybe once or twice but quality is garbage for a few thousand-dollar stereo system.
2. A DAC does not work at all, even trying to go into developer options and change settings based on other things I read in some forums.
3. I found a Bluetooth receiver which does give me audio but I have to turn the audio up twice as much for the same audio and the bass is lacking.

I wanted to reach out to the community as im not sure where to go from here. Any Recommendations would be nice. I know theres a loss with bluetooth audio but if that is the best route, the best option for an audiophile outlook would be great. I really am unsure as to why the USB C to Aux did nothing but really, anyhelp would be great cause I am tired of wasting money in this economy just to have my stereo sound right. It is an older car so I dont have the option of the On board blutooth. It is a 2008 Honda accord coupe built to look like factory if that helps. Thanks in advance for any help.
Are you sure that your phone is not dictating the audio controls once it connects to bluetooth?

If your head unit has a USB port, I would copy the same song to your phone and usb, and compare them. If anything sounds different your phone is effecting it.

If you have a USB input on the head unit, and don't stream music, I would personally suggest copying over what you have, and just leave the phone out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...