Help with hooking up JL Power Wedge

Participant count
  • Participant list

KGB_Cl4rk
10+ year member

WA
I have a JL power wedge (JL Audio PowerWedge PWM-110/250W Party Pack - Cartoys.com) the specs for the amp are (JL Audio J2 250.1 Amplifiers - Car Audio Amps & Amplifiers) and for the sub are (JL Audio CS110TG-W1v2 PowerWedge™ truck-style enclosure with one 10" W1v2 subwoofer at Crutchfield.com) The HU is a Kenwood KDC-MP342U. Its all going in a 2000 Dodge DurangoWhat kind of apm kit do i need? Also any good diagrams on how to do the wiring?

Thanks

the manual says to use 4 awg wire.....so a 4 awg amp kit will suffice

Ok Thanks. What about a price range like $30 to $60? Also suggested brand and ones to stay away from?
well with that amp I doubt that you would really need 4 gauge wire.....8 awg should be fine...i would look into stinger.....kicker is good but a little expensive.....just make sure your rca's is shielded and twisted to avoide noise....im sure theres cheaper online but here is pretty much what your looking for....

SPK-5681R - Stinger 8 Gauge Complete Amplifier Wiring Kit 600 Watt

Kicker 09PK8 - 8 Gauge Amp Kits - Sonic Electronix

Monster Cable BAIP-650 (mon-123929-00) - 8 Gauge Amp Kits - Sonic Electronix

I would go with the monster.......your amp fuse rating is 30 amps and the fuse on the amp kit is 45 amps......just replace the fuse with a 30 a fuse......

but you cant go wrong with either kit.....if you have any other questions you can pm and reply here

OK cool, this is a lot of help. Glad i found this site. So no matter which kit i get i should get a 30amp fuse for it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.