Help with head unit

justsayk
10+ year member

not ******
Ok, i know i posted this on another section of the forume, but i'm gonna post it here to see if i can get a few more replies (not many people visit the installation section compared to this section). I have a Panasonic CQ-DFX403U head unit that i want to pull out to intall an amp on my front speakers. I got the HU installed at car toys, and they didn't give me the deinstallation keys with the deck. I emailed them and asked if i could get the keys, but they told me that panasonic doesn't have keys. Well, i look in the manual, and the manual says that i need the keys. Does anyone know where i can get the keys for the HU. They look like they are pretty specific to the HU. I've tried to reach the clips with screw drivers, etc., but that hasn't worked. Any help you can give me would be great because i am totally new to installation.

Go ask around at stereo shops. they might not give you the keys but they might let you borrow them while you in the parking lot.

I asked one of my shops for the keys and they just sent a litle dude out and he disengaged it for me.

Yeah, that's what i'm gona have to do i think...I sent Panasonic an email about getting the keys, and here's what they sent back to me...

Dear Mr. Halvorson

Re:

Thank your for your inquiry. Panasonic can not assist in the installation

or removal of your product. We remove consulting a professional.

Thank You,

Panasonic Consumer Support

So they make the product but they don't know how to install it or uninstall it...pretty sweet huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.