Help with Amp/Subwoofers Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

aj213121

Alright, to begin, I have the Rockford Fosgate Prime R500-1 Amplifier and a 12'' Pioneer TS-w309d4 subwoofer(s). Before when i only had one sub i was running it at 2ohms and it was very loud, but just recently i added another subwoofer of the same kind and since my amp cannot support a 1ohm load i was forced to wire it into a 4ohm load, but now it seems like i had more bass when i was using only 1 sub. I'm not sure how that is possible and i was just looking for some help. Would re-tuning my amplifier help or what? I just dont want to mess up the settings i currently have on the amp if changing it isnt going to work. As of right now I have my subs wired at 1ohm which causes my amp to go into protect mode after about 30 minutes, but it is giving me some mad bass, but im looking to wire it correctly with nearly the same results before i damage my amp.

if you look at the wattage rates, they usually get cut in half when doubling the Ohm load. So basicly you are sending a 1/4 of the power per speaker. Half the watts and twice the speaker.

So what would you recommend doing? I was thinking i probably need an amp that can handle a 1ohm load but im not sure lol because the bass really stinks at 4ohms and i can really only wire them at either 4 or 1 ohm

And to add...i have my gains and frequency still set to when i had one sub installed if that makes any difference. I was just wondering if i should re-tune this stuff since i added another sub and if that would make my bass a lot better at 4ohms

Don't change your freq or gains, you have 3 options.... go back to 1 sub, get an amp that is 1 ohm stable or really hig power for good output @ 4 ohms...OR, get new subs that have 4 ohm SVC or 2 ohm DVC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.