help with alpine cda7894

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savstyle
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Fresno
hey my names matt and my deck has been acting funny. whenever i get it to a god volume to listen to music at the music skips like the speakers arent gettign the music. adn will come back 5 secs later but i will have missed 5 seconds of teh song and it will allmost allways jus completly stop playing but the cd i still playin i know this because i can c the track time going still. so ANYONE can give me some advice on what to check what to do i will b thankful.

no wonder you need god speakers to listen to music at god volumes--just kidding. what kind of speakers are we talking about--maybe there's to much distorsion and the speakers have a protection circuit in them.

there sonys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but i dont think its a protection circuit cus ive allwyas listened to it that loud or louder

it sounds like speakers to me not your h/u--recheck the wiring --its possible that just over time they are degrading and you might just need some new speaks. if you can wire up a different set of speakers to the same wire and all to see if its those speakers thats givin you the problem

well u were right man. its ym 6x9's i took it to an audio shop had him listen to it he said that that all 4 of my spekers were blown and if i keep runnning its gonna fry my deck. is this true? cus if i fade the music all the wya to the front it doenst cut out bt if teh rear speaker r running the cut out so im gonna change them out this weeekend, but if i keep my 6.5's in will it still fry my deck?

well u were right man. its ym 6x9's i took it to an audio shop had him listen to it he said that that all 4 of my spekers were blown and if i keep runnning its gonna fry my deck. is this true? cus if i fade the music all the wya to the front it doenst cut out bt if teh rear speaker r running the cut out so im gonna change them out this weeekend, but if i keep my 6.5's in will it still fry my deck?
not sure if it will actually fry your deck but i certainly wouldn't ride around playing blown speaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Savstyle

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Savstyle
Fresno
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date