help w/ sony

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingpin_jeffie
10+ year member

i need a vacation...
Erie, PA
alright my Aiwa deck bit the dust so i picked up a Sony Xplod HU (CDX-4000X) from a friend to hold me over until I can get enough cash together for a nice deck.

So i pulled out the old HU and i hooked up the harness, ant., and the RCA's, however, the amp (Sony XM-3021 32x2) i have hooked up will only turn on when the radio is on. Normally it would be no problem to hook up a turn on lead except for the fact that the amp doesnt have normal hookups, it has a wiring harness type hookup which i feel is really gay

so my question is how in the F am i supposed to run a turn on lead to my HU?

by the way this is in a '87 Chevy Camaro

thanks for your help

It's not clear to me how you have it wired. the HU gets power,switched,ground seems you got that right. Now to the Amp is power,ground,remote[from radio] and RCAs[from radio]. what not clear is what only works when the Radio is on? The AMP?? If so then that radio may have A separte Power ant. wire that only gets power when in Radio mode so it can raise the ant.[ which you have mistakenly hooked to]. You need to find the AMP remote wire which will always have power when the radio is on reguardless of which mode the HU is in.

this is true most sony's have two blue wire's one for antenna and one for amp turn on......one will have white stripes on it or something..........try the other blue wire.

As it turns out the guy i got the deck from didnt have the right harness for the deck so I had no turn on lead

6 bucks and problem is solved

thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.