help w/ amp for components

Participant count
  • Participant list

dbellin19
10+ year member

I know what your thinking "another dude asking WHAT AMP DO I NEED", I am sorry but in my defense I am not asking you to tell me what amp to get just help me make a more educated descision. With that said lets get down to buisness. I just bought some Diamond Audio Hex S600a and need to power them. My HU is going to be the Pioneer DEH-P940MP. (I bought the 8050 about 3-4 years ago and loved the thing) Now I am fairly new at this but have down fair amount of research but amps still confuse me alittle. So, do I need a 4ch or a 2ch. I don't have a sub setup yet due to funds. I probably wont for a couple of months but will eventually. I have stock components in the rear until I take them out when I get subs. So you are probably wondering budget. 200-300 max online or used. Please give me suggetions but also why you are suggesting ie price, 2ch is better, name brand, your selling it ect. I want to learn as I go through making my system. Nothing is more anoying than a rich kid with a system that doesn't know anything about it or appreciate it talking to a poor guy like me that does. Sorry for the long thread. I know you guys will help.

Theres lots of great 2 channel amps.

Hers some amps for you to look through

PPI

Zapco

Cadence

Autotek

JBL

Kicker

Rf

Harrision Labs

and the list goes on and on!!

Ok, you managed to list amp company's. Thanks. What would be a cost effiectient amp and how much power do I really need. What is going to be the difference between a U.S. Acoustics 2100 100x2 RMS at 121.00 vs a ppi for 350? This amp is only for the mids and tweets so do I need a really expensive amp? Why can't I buy a 4 ch and bridge down to 2. It looks like it would be cheaper because I am going to buy a 200-400 watt amp just so I can have 100w at 4ohms. Maybe that is just how it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.