help please

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by EPanther99 sweet...i hope so, my amps birth sheet says 1184 watts so hopefully ill be able to push it pretty hard....
wow, that's a bit much...

but seeing that people in the forum has crammed more power into an L7, I guess it would simply pound and pound away...dang, I want one of those too

yeah i think the speaker will handle it....i paid $195 including shipping for the L7 the amp on the other hand, i wish i never sold the other one i had....i had a pair of the priginal beta digitals the only ones you can get your hands on now have ben broke and fixed and i have heard form quite a few people they they blow up quickly....i have had mine for about 4 or so years now and i love it, the max current draw is only 80 amps and like the birthsheet says it makes 1184 watts....

Originally posted by EPanther99 yeah i think the speaker will handle it....i paid $195 including shipping for the L7 the amp on the other hand, i wish i never sold the other one i had....i had a pair of the priginal beta digitals the only ones you can get your hands on now have ben broke and fixed and i have heard form quite a few people they they blow up quickly....i have had mine for about 4 or so years now and i love it, the max current draw is only 80 amps and like the birthsheet says it makes 1184 watts....
have lots of fun with it man...

I've been looking around for good L7 deals here, ever since someone tested the L7 against the HC, DD amongst others, and the L7 was LOUD...

Of course, there are many variables to the test that could've been changed to let others have another chance, but dang, still loud man...

Originally posted by paikiah have lots of fun with it man...

I've been looking around for good L7 deals here, ever since someone tested the L7 against the HC, DD amongst others, and the L7 was LOUD...

Of course, there are many variables to the test that could've been changed to let others have another chance, but dang, still loud man...
arent electronics a lot cheaper over there? i have an uncle that lives in thailand and he said he can get everything way cheaper then over here....

Originally posted by EPanther99 arent electronics a lot cheaper over there? i have an uncle that lives in thailand and he said he can get everything way cheaper then over here....
hmmm...

US made amps? Nope, expensive.

RF 1000bd = $1300~1400

Zapco C2K 9.0 = $2000~$2200.

Korean made amps are a whole lot cheaper though... the same makers that produce OEM stuff for rebadged amps over in the US. Sorry, can't say which.

on another note, Thailand is about 7 hours away by flight. Thailand and Korea is a very different country. It'd be like me saying that Panama and the US is the same thing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

just an update i bought the box, and i got the sub and all my new wiring, now all i have to do is pick out a new car to put it all in....so as soon as i do ill post some pics of the install oh and by the way the L7 12 sounds awesome in the vented box, and its is one of the nicest pre made boxes i have ever seen, it is tight wrapped in black vinyl and and 1/4 inch ABS plastic protectors on the ends, i would highly reccomended it to anyone who wants a nice vented box, and it was only $35 + s/h i wired it all up and put the sub in and my dolby digital home reciever has 6 channels including the powered sub so i hooked it up to the low pass on that and played a little music and it sounded great and the best part was it could only have been getting 100 watts at the max....

Originally posted by EPanther99 just an update i bought the box, and i got the sub and all my new wiring, now all i have to do is pick out a new car to put it all in....so as soon as i do ill post some pics of the install oh and by the way the L7 12 sounds awesome in the vented box, and its is one of the nicest pre made boxes i have ever seen, it is tight wrapped in black vinyl and and 1/4 inch ABS plastic protectors on the ends, i would highly reccomended it to anyone who wants a nice vented box, and it was only $35 + s/h i wired it all up and put the sub in and my dolby digital home reciever has 6 channels including the powered sub so i hooked it up to the low pass on that and played a little music and it sounded great and the best part was it could only have been getting 100 watts at the max....
Speakers would sound mighty different in a car. But anyhow, congrats on your box and sub dude.... *sigh* another member with more watts going to a single sub than the total peak power of my system...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Originally posted by paikiah Speakers would sound mighty different in a car. But anyhow, congrats on your box and sub dude.... *sigh* another member with more watts going to a single sub than the total peak power of my system...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

oh yeah i know the sub will sound a ton different in the car.....quite a bit louder...the in the house stuff was mostly my 10 yr old kid popping out bc i oculd wait for xmas morning to listent to the sub in the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.