Help please! Kicker amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ruffin90

I have a kicker cxa600.1 mono amp.

Everything was working fine for a month or so and then my amp went into protection mode. I checked all wires and my alternator just in case and everything is fine.

When I start my car it is solid on red and a few seconds later the green light starts to flicker rapidly but won't stay on.

I had it tested at audio express and they said it worked great with no issues.

I installed back into my car and got the same problem.

I fixed my ground on a factory ground post with a 12 inch ground wire.

Ground is solid but still having issues

I checked with multimeter and it has 12 v off but 22 v when car is started. I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be around 14 when car is on.

I have recently replaced my car battery of this at all helps.

Please get back to me my car soundso so shifty without my dogs barking?

No I checked the power cable I took speakers out because there were in my way.

But it's in protection even before the input is connected. All I had in was power remote and ground. It shouldn't be in protection mode even if the speakers are not in yet. It should still be lit green

that 22v power reading is suspect. Waaay too high.

The newly installed battery may be the issue.

Measure you're dc voltage with the car running at the battery terminals.

If it's a lot more than 14.4-- you have a charging system issue.

Update

That was due to a setting on multi meter. When checking it with DC the battery is putting out fine at 14.5 but the amp 12v is getting 10.8 something. Not enough

What else could it be I have read grounded that thing like 5 times because I thought the same thing I have never had an issue grounding before

OK I feel dumb now........

Fuse was bad.

Took multimeter and checked both ends. One side read 10.8

Replaced fuse and worked great. I went two months without my subs and about 200 dollars rewiring several times over a 4 dollar fuse.

Ugh

Thanks for your help brah

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.