HELP Old Viper Alarm On My New Car

Participant count
  • Participant list

twoonine

Hi all, I've spent a good 5 hours tinkering with this viper alarm system on my 1999 Honda Civic I got a few months back. The original owner said it has a car alarm that was installed around 2005 and one day the remote device on the keychain wouldn't respond so he just disconnected the alarm from the car battery. I have two keychain remotes that I know for a fact go to this alarm that is installed.

The keychain remote has buttons I, II, III, and IV. The back of the remote says the FCC ID is EZSDEI485. I found a Viper manual online in PDF format that explains how to set up the remote.

The directions say to open the door, turn the key to the on position, press the momentary button once, then press and hold it again until you hear a chirp from the alarm.

Once you hear the chirp you are supposed to press the "I" button on the keychain remote and you should hear another chirp confirming you have successfully linked the remote.

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working? I put a brand new battery into both keychain remotes, and the green LED light on both of them works when I press the buttons. I have tried both remotes and neither will link up to the alarm system. I have tried this routine about 10 times for each remote with no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.