HELP...My Bandpass sounds horrible

Miller
10+ year member

$
My friend has 2 12" Alpine Type-R subs and he just bought a bandpass (I know.. I know, I tried to talk him out of it but he thinks they look sweet). So beside the point, My friend bought an R/T Bandpass box for 2 12" subs with the plexi and the 4 Ports at the top of the box. I have to say it looks sweet but it sounds awful...the subs dont even hit anymore. I have two 10" type-R's and mine blow his out of the sky in my small sealed box. Any suggestions on how to help my friends bandpass?? Will filling help or anything with the ports or ANYTHING??? Thanks.

Originally posted by Miller My friend has 2 12" Alpine Type-R subs and he just bought a bandpass (I know.. I know, I tried to talk him out of it but he thinks they look sweet). So beside the point, My friend bought an R/T Bandpass box for 2 12" subs with the plexi and the 4 Ports at the top of the box. I have to say it looks sweet but it sounds awful...the subs dont even hit anymore. I have two 10" type-R's and mine blow his out of the sky in my small sealed box. Any suggestions on how to help my friends bandpass?? Will filling help or anything with the ports or ANYTHING??? Thanks.
Take the bandpass box, and since you told him not to get it before he bought it, beat him over the head with it. Then tell him to build his own sealed box. Then tell him, "I told you bandpass ***** ass".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.