Anyone interested in getting a 4" underhung neo driver?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
I'm going to do another build in the pursuit to perfection.

This one is going to be a neodymium motor with a 80mm top plate and the coil is going to be somewhere between 35 and 45 millimeters 4 layer 4 inches in diameter.

Is going to use something new that I'm trying with an extended former past the bottom of the coil and more cooling vents specifically placed along with a few other things to channel the air over the coil and former.. It Is going to be unlike anything else on the market completely custom built Design By me in collaboration with engineers at the build house using FEA analysis and other programs I don't have access to in order to get the driver to be completely linear while being able to be competivite in the lanes.

better motor strength, lower moving Mass and better overall sensitivity hen the previous prototype. The power handling should be up there with most of the smaller coil 4" drivers and the largest over hung long coil 3" drivers.so you can say between 25 and 3500 music conservatively rated.

Probably will have a carbon fiber cone unless I can find a synthetic blend that is light enough

15 Target mass is 280 grams and 18 is 350 grams.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.