Help me hit 150! DC Lvl 5 18"

Participant count
  • Participant list

plugitin
5,000+ posts

She Bangs
Da U.P. eh?
Alrighty, i think i'm gona build another box just for competition. Ive never done this type of box before. I think i would like to try aero's this time around. I hope Rusty see's this (if not ill PM him) so he can chime in. I will be getting this below the window line so i can compete in street c. I am expecting to tune high and this box will be for burps only. Optimum SPL box size on rustys site says 8 cubes, but im thinking a little smaller maybe? Help me out, i need to know what volume i should shoot for and how many and size aero's...Thanks in advance....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Grab yourself a software package to help you test your ideas. SPL boxes inevitably are a compromise between impedance to your amp, cabin gain, and box tuning... So it's hard to help you build an SPL box.

Generally though, I've been told to start with a bigger than recommended IV and an easily tunable port. Slowly decrease the IV, until you start to see a drop in output. Then fiddle with the tuning, so that it gets max numbers. Generally this corresponds with your cabin's resonance +- 5 Hz.

Take all this advice with a grain of salt though... I can build you an SPL box that's big or small to hit good numbers... it's all about finding a combination that causes the sub's resonance, port resonance, and cabin resonance... while keeping your impedance from hitting a peak. This is all in your box size/port tuning choice... and software is better than trial and error (to a point).

well i hit a 149.0 flat off my btl 18 and that jus messing around. the box design is in my sig 2 6in aeros

actually wrong design. alot smaller of a box then that one...

Grab yourself a software package to help you test your ideas. SPL boxes inevitably are a compromise between impedance to your amp, cabin gain, and box tuning... So it's hard to help you build an SPL box.
Generally though, I've been told to start with a bigger than recommended IV and an easily tunable port. Slowly decrease the IV, until you start to see a drop in output. Then fiddle with the tuning, so that it gets max numbers. Generally this corresponds with your cabin's resonance +- 5 Hz.

Take all this advice with a grain of salt though... I can build you an SPL box that's big or small to hit good numbers... it's all about finding a combination that causes the sub's resonance, port resonance, and cabin resonance... while keeping your impedance from hitting a peak. This is all in your box size/port tuning choice... and software is better than trial and error (to a point).
can you explain what you mean by software package?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.