help me decide

pbnj22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Duluth MN
i need some speakers for my exploder

according to crutchfield i have 6x8s in the fronts and rear.

would you guys suggest 4 new speakers and a 4 chan amp? or should i get 2 speakers for the front and just a 2 chan amp and run the rears off head unit? i see a lot of people doing both but not only do i always have peope in the back seat i feel 4 amped speakers would be more complete

i will have one 15 and a mono amp for the subs so i just need speakers now. looking to spend around 200ish speakerwise. any suggestions there? listen to about 70/30 rap hip hop/ classic rock

alot of people on here will tell you that rear fill is overrated. i personally love having 4 speakers, the way i hear it, it sounds like "360" sound. thats what i like. get what YOU like.

In your case, I would get all 4 speakers . However i would make or buy adaptors for the 6x8 holes and put in 6.5 componets in all 4 doors. And yes your going to want them amped to keep up with your sub. Are you wanting to spend $200 per set of speakers or for all 4? also what is your amp budget?

In your case, I would get all 4 speakers . However i would make or buy adaptors for the 6x8 holes and put in 6.5 componets in all 4 doors. And yes your going to want them amped to keep up with your sub. Are you wanting to spend $200 per set of speakers or for all 4? also what is your amp budget?

why would you suggest 6.5 comps? i was planning on just replacing the speakers with a direct replacement because i dont want to add a tweeter or anything.

and as far as an amp i have an old school 50 watts rms x 4 channels i was plannign on using then possibly upgrading as funds became available.. so i would like speakers to be able to handle this and perhaps a little more in the future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

also the 200 would be for all 4 sspeakers.

because 6.5 comps will sound way better than coaxials. If you don't wanna go through the extra work than we can find you something. However upgrading to the 6.5 comps would be a worthwhile investment if you are serious about a system and want it to sound really good.

I'm running Infinity Kappa 680.9cs 6x8 components up front and Infinity Kappa 6829CF 6x8 2 ways for the rear. I just googled them and ended up finding a great deal on both sets, $230.00 shipped on amazon.com.

Yes in your case, rear fill is fine. My rear speakers are in the rear deck lid, where my sub completely muffles them. Your cabin is much bigger, so the extra speakers should fill them fine. I like the infinity idea from the guy above me.

no i really dont want to cut any holes for a tweeter, i was hoping to just spend a little more on the speakers and call it good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.