Help! Kenwood PS300T Installation :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phact

My friend got it from his uncle but my friend dont need to so gave it to me, i have no clue how many watts whatever. Now i am not a sound expert for cars all i do is performance part installation no audio related work. I have a JVC deck but i have no clue what wires i need or what to install this. i plan to bolt it under nearth my passenger seat. so if i ever get any feedback form an expert please keep that in mind. i need help here please.

kenwood PS300T amp - 100 watts RMS X2 channels at 14.4 volts. 300 watts RMS bridged at 12 volts, or 400 watts RMS bridged at 14.4 volts. You will need an install kit with 8 guage power and ground wire. Use a 30 amp fuse for the main power wire. Decent affordable amp install kits are http://www.Knukonceptz.com, or Lightning Audio.

As for the install: 1. RCA patch cord from back of JVC HU to amp. 2. Run turn on lead from JVC HU to amp along the RCA cord.

3. Main power cable from battery, through fire wall, to amp. Place in-line power fuse within 18 inches of battery. Place flex-tube (plastic conduit) around power cable under the hood. Do not run power cable next to the RCA.

4. Ground amp to seat bolt or other bare piece of metal.

5. Use your imagination to hide the wires.

6. Have fun.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.