HELP! How do i read these charts?(box building)

Participant count
  • Participant list

firemx220
10+ year member

N.J.
Please Help!! I bought the subwoofer design toolbox software and i am having trouble reading the charts. I plotted three different ported box sizes and can't tell which one is the best one.

1.78 cu ft. = 25.2 Hz, 6.3 db

1.0 cu ft. = 24.0 Hz, 2.1 db

2.0 cu ft. = 24.8 Hz, 7.1 db

How do I tell which is better? The Hz is just how low the bass will hit right? And the higher the db the louder it would be right? I'm not sure Please Help!!!!!!

Box size and port volume are directly related to tuning frequency..Those frequencies are going to be the points where your box is the most efficient ( I think) but is also the cutoff point where the bass rolloff begins.. I am not too up on the software just yet since I can't afford it.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.