help front speakers keep blowing!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

lAciDl
10+ year member

i have a pair of MBQuart DKD113 5.25's in the front. This is the third time ive blow them. I havent had them back more then 6months and theyre dead again. I have DKC169 6x9's in the back, and ive never blow them. I using the my HU to power them. Its an Alpine 7875, which says it puts out 60x4. Why do my fronts keep dieing on me? Is it underpower? Should i get an amp for just my speakers? plz help cuz this is pissing me off, i never have front speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

when i first got them yes, but i changed my HU settings for the balance to be more in the rear and they sounded fine but after a while they would crackle and distort especially when listening to the radio.

well so u know the h/u is only putting out maybe 22wx4 rms.....but so long as your not playing the h/u to terribly loud u shouldnt have a problem........

Underpowering wont kill your speakers in this case...distortion kills them.

That 60x4 is Peak power...divide that by two to get the RMS power...that is what your head unit is putting out.

- Steve

As long as your speakers are about 85 RMS (or a bit less, but be careful with the gains), then yeah, its a great amp.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.