HELP for my son's Alpine Head-Unit - blackout mode

Can you change anything around with the faceplate (like channels on the radio, tracks on a cd)? If not, you actually probalby have a faceplate that was not meant for the backing. Just a thought, as you might be out of 10 bucks (plus shipping)....

My alpine was in "blackout mode" when i put my 9831 plate on my 9813 unit just for the hell of it. The unit powered up, and started playing my cd, but would not do anything else....

okay, not sure if you got it yet, but let it black out first, then press the black mode once to get it back on then hold it, see if that works

EDIT:

1. let the face black out

2. press black mode once

3. now press it and hold it down for whatever seconds until it beeps

Can you change anything around with the faceplate (like channels on the radio, tracks on a cd)? If not, you actually probalby have a faceplate that was not meant for the backing. Just a thought, as you might be out of 10 bucks (plus shipping)....
My alpine was in "blackout mode" when i put my 9831 plate on my 9813 unit just for the hell of it. The unit powered up, and started playing my cd, but would not do anything else....
I can do everything else...just hard to see the screen. I actuallly have 2 faceplates and both are in blackout mode. They both work and I know for sure that the one DID have the screen working until it went into blackout mode.

It's a real mystery. The key thing here is that there is NOT a blackout button. It SAYS blackout between the Source button and Mute button. I've tried every combination....it's frustrating.

~Linda

OK, IT'S FIXED.....I called Best Buy and they suggested to take the plate off and poke something in the reset "hole" and hold it for about 15-30 seconds. Doing so should reset the player to factory settings. IT WORKED! Of course, I did that last night, but didn't hold it long enough...ugh. But anyways...THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERED ADVICE, IT WAS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.