HELP for my son's Alpine Head-Unit - blackout mode

Which he says is labled between Mute and Source... So hold down either one and see what happens.
Is this a used unit?
I think linda would be a she //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

the manual says to press and hold blackout for 2 seconds
worked for me

To original poster...go to alpine1.com then go to support....when it bring you to that screen it will give you the option to "continue without login"....click that go the manuals the acrhived cd players and then to your model //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would just post a direct link but it wont let me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Yeah, I appreciate the suggestion. Got the manual, but the darn thing says to press the BLACKOUT button...the problem is, is that there ISN'T a blackout button. It's between the Mute and Source buttons. Pressing both or a combination for over 5 seconds doesn't do anything but mute the radio...this is frustrating.

Also, I bought a used unit on eBay for only $9.99...can't get it out of blackout mode either.

Yeah, I appreciate the suggestion. Got the manual, but the darn thing says to press the BLACKOUT button...the problem is, is that there ISN'T a blackout button. It's between the Mute and Source buttons. Pressing both or a combination for over 5 seconds doesn't do anything but mute the radio...this is frustrating.
Also, I bought a used unit on eBay for only $9.99...can't get it out of blackout mode either.
LAWL...sorry bout your luck.

NG

there is no button directly above or below where it says blackout? Could always call alpine in tomorrow if necessary.

img.asp

in case it helps you boys figure out the problem. Thank me later Linda

EDIT: Linda, WHat about that key under the word Demo.... what if you press that and then the Mute button afterwards

img.asp

in case it helps you boys figure out the problem. Thank me later Linda

EDIT: Linda, WHat about that key under the word Demo.... what if you press that and then the Mute button afterwards

Yeah, that's the F button, which I assume is function. However, that's not working either. If you look at the picture you can see that the blackout word is above the mute button. So, I've been trying every combination....ARGH!

I DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP...KEEP IT COMING IF YOU THINK OF ANYTHING!

Yeah, that's the F button, which I assume is function. However, that's not working either. If you look at the picture you can see that the blackout word is above the mute button. So, I've been trying every combination....ARGH!
I DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S HELP...KEEP IT COMING IF YOU THINK OF ANYTHING!
Maybe some pictures of youself would help us with this issue...

Just a thought //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Maybe some pictures of youself would help us with this issue...
Just a thought //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well, I'm 40, but I've still got it. BUT, I save it all for my hubby. sorry guys....

OK, I've thoroughly been through the manual online at Alpine. I've printed them and went out and sat in the car and did the instructions as they indicated. Both of the faceplates won't come out of blackout mode. I'm stumped....HELP PLEASE!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.