hello

hi everyone. new member here from murfreesboro, tennessee. i used to be really into car stereo from about 90-96, so it's been a while since i've followed car stereo. i have a half ass system in my car now. a 95 mitsubishi mirage with an alpine head unit (it's a piece, but has subwoofer volume control, which i've always liked), a clarion eq that was controlled from the head unit (this was a new feature back then lol), pioneer premiere 6.75 inch coxials in the front doors and rear deck, a punch amp (i forge the model exactly, it's about a year and a half old, output rated at 200w bridged) and an atomic manhattan series 12 inch sub in a sealed box.

my old system, from about 94-96, was a clarion head unit 9335 (i think that's the model number? the first one with white lcd display), cerwin vega accurate image 5.25 inch coaxials up front and 6.5 of the same coaxials in the deck. in the trunk i had my amps, a precision power proMOS 50 powering the coaxes, and an earthquake 2020 uhc powerig two atomic hpw 1599 subwoofers.

i plan on upgrading my system this summer, keeping the same driver sizes, just switching up the pieces. i ran across this forum today and signed up. hopefully you guys can help steer me in the right direction //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

eric b

i was reading through some thread, and i have to ask:

i've seen a lot of you guys say good things about elemental designs subs and amps? the prices look really nice considering what you guys are saying about them...

eric b

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif at first when i saw xxx, i thought you guys were talking about the off shoot of atomic from back in the day. i guess i dated myself there...

as far as music goes, i listen to dance music, particularly drum n bass. it's made completely on machines (computers, drum machines, synthesisers, samplers, etc...) very bass heavy music. will the a k series 12 do this justice? was looking at an avionixx axa 400.2 to pwer this sub. and how will a 12 inch o series do with this same amp?

eric b

edit: i remember when hifonics amps used to be good :tomatofac

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.