Hello! Need help deciding on some subs. Downgrading from Audioque

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gradyj14
10+ year member

So this is my first post in a long time. I am looking to put new subs in my project truck. Used to be my daily driver. I had an Audioque 1200d with 2 Audioque 600 rms 10s in a custom box that just sat on the seat. That was when I was 18 and didn't care about much besides being extremely loud. But now I'm more focused on quality and functionality. I'm looking to put 2 tens in a box under the seat. What do you guys recommend? Not looking to spend over 300-400 for box, subs and amp. It's going in a 1998 chevy 1500 extended cab Thanks ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
Deff need to increase that budget for 1..$300 bucks for subs amp and box just isnt going to get you anywhere near great results/gear for the money.Raise your front seats approx. 2-3" will give you a bit more clearance.One good ten under rear seat will be enough to serve well.remove the Jack compartment and raise that rear seat approx 3" will serve well, and give more options for sub choices

You loose alot of good sound/SQ and out put by down firing.Subs are playing into the carpet for one.What your HU?Head unit? Stock or??Supply for amp/amps,ECT?.Size alternator and what battery under the hood?

Stock alternator. Optima battery. Kenwood deck, it's a few years old but works fine. Alpine Type S speakers and a 1000w speaker amp. I'm not looking for anything over the top. Just a little bass. I'm not looking to move the seats or anything. Not into loud music anymore. Had my head rattled enough with those Audioques sitting on the seat behind me for years.

Id raise that rear seat approx..2-1/2" and get a Dayton HO DVC 4 Ohm 10" sub and place it in approx 1.4 sealed on a PPI Phantom 1000.1 d. It will sound really clean.Ive ran a pair and still have them and recommend due ti my experiencing them.Dayton carries a 5 year warranty, or did approx 2 years ago.. believe they still do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.