Hello....anybody out there?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rukuzz
10+ year member

Sorry you all but I'd really appreiate an answer!

I'm getting ready to hook up an amp I just bought for my toyota tundra. The stock system comes with a small amplifier for the stock speakers. I'm gonna hook up a sony 2150gsx amp for 2 JL10"wOs.

My question is if I tap into the rear speaker wires (power/ground) will the stock amp affect the performance of the Sony amp? Keep in mind the stock amp is fairly small since the paper stock speakers are only 15-20w.

Other than the possibility of amplifying any noise the factory amp is putting out it should work fine.. The only thing to be wary of is when setting the gains as it is a higher input than your A/M amp will want to see..start with the gain all the way down just to be safe.. I just did the same thing on a 2001 GrandAM GT not even a month ago. It works perfectly. The hard part is the setting up a remote turn on for it.

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike! I didn't think it would make much of a difference, but I rather go with the expert's opinion. Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I hear ya about the remote! I'm not the sound expert but my cuz helped me & he had some trouble. Especially since the wiring on the

Toyota tundra is **** small. I swear those wires must be smaller than 1/8 of an inch!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif Makes for heart pounding wire pealing. My cuz was using wire clips to wire both the remote wire and the wire that turns the radio on with the key.

Man we were both sweating it, he was because it wasn't his vehicle--I was because it is my vehicle:eek: !

LOL, everything turned out alright though.

Thanks for the response Mike!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.