Heeelllppp!!!!!!

klassik
10+ year member

It's Not Really That Serious But Wanted 2 Get As Many Of U Forum Guys Attention As I Can...

Here's My Simple Dilema...I Have A Setup Of:

2 dB6501 Polk Audio 6.5 Component Speakers (Front & Rear)

JL Audio Slash 300/4

2 10" JL Audio W6

1 JL Audio Slash v2 Series 1000/1v2

Going Crazy Looking For And Enclosure For My W6s But Don't Want It 2 Eat Up My Trunk Space On My 2002 Jetta, I Live In NYC And Want Someone Locally So I Can See What They Are Doing And If I Really Like The Work They Do On Enclosures. Also, Looking For Input On Installation Wires For Better Sound Quality And Better Power Distribution (If Such Thing Exist). Anything Else You Can Add I Would Really Appreciate Your Advice.

Question: If I Decide 2 Go Into Competition Would This Setup Be Enough Or Would I need An Upgrade?

Thanks A Lot I Really Appreciate It,

Klassik

if you want to go to comps you're not gonna win with some 10" W6's lol
OK OK!!! I thought I'd compete in some small system category but i see what ur saying....I need 2 go bigger in the subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you compete in SQ you'll have to do some changes...but if you want more trunk space...go sealed..1cu ft per sub...ditch the rear speakers unless you want to use deck power for fill...most likely the tweeters need to go....use your 4ch and run an active front stage ditch the passive crossovers...then make sure you have proper front stage speaker placement to get good staging and imaging...these steps will be a start in the right direction

hit up rabbit on here for a box.

when i shipped boxs all over the country i would work with the customer. a few pix and couple measurments and im sure he can get it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

klassik

10+ year member
klassik
Brooklyn, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from