Hear the bass but can't feel it

So today I tuned my bass amp. Gain and bass boost is all the way down and lpf is about 50-80hz. I'm running 4 15's on 2250 watts and I mostly hear the bass rather than feel it! Someone help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I don't know the box specs cause it was built like 10 years ago and I bought it from someone. And yea the gain is all the way down. I can turn it up but when I play at low volume I can most "hear" the bass instead of feeling it. I was wondering if there's a way I can change that with a little tuning.

If you hear nothing but bass without the feeling its because the box needs to be ported and bigger for the 4 15s.

Your suffocating your subs.

Look into a new box that is right for all your subs then as you turn up the gain you will feel the bass.

I was afraid someone would say I needed a new box lol. It actually hits hard when I turn up the volume a good bit but at around 10%-15% volume I hear it more than I feel it. It's actually a pretty big ported box. I'm running 4 planet audio z15's on a planet audio tt2250d. With 10g knukonceptz speaker wire...wired to 1 ohm

I was afraid someone would say I needed a new box lol. It actually hits hard when I turn up the volume a good bit but at around 10%-15% volume I hear it more than I feel it. It's actually a pretty big ported box. I'm running 4 planet audio z15's on a planet audio tt2250d. With 10g knukonceptz speaker wire...wired to 1 ohm
Now thats different..

You have to understand your headunit does not produce enough voltage until its at 80%+ to produce its full signal.

Unless you get a high powered amp that can be set at such a low volume (by dmm method) then youll get that high bass in low volume.

Turning the gain high while the volume low can do what you want or will clip the crap out of everything.

Your expecting to much from the subs at such a low volume.

so what you're saying is on low volume you can only hear it? Dude you're not going to feel it until you get them moving enough aka high enough volume...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.