Headunit + Zune?

can ipod capable decks control/charge zunes? I'm givin my sister my old system for a grad. present and I thought it would be only aux in with rcas since none list zune capabilities. sorry I can't help ya but bump anyways

Zunes won't be recognized as a storage device. DRM FTL. For the heck of it I tried on my Alpine and a friend's Pioneer and neither worked. About your only option is to use Aux in - 3.5mm to RCA or straight 3.5mm jack in on the receiver. Ipod adapters won't work either.

Unfortunately the Zune just hasn't gotten enough market share for anyone to pay attention to it yet, except for Sync which is pretty awesome...too bad you have to buy a Ford to get it.

rca aux in is a direct connection, no quality loss. its fm modulators you wanna steer clear of. I use the aux imputs to play my xbox thru and it sounds better than mp3 cds

It's very tolerable - not as good as CD or a high bitrate file via USB but sounds good enough IMO. If you're playing music downloaded from Zune subscription you probably won't notice much degradation due to the bit rate of the recordings (192kbps) you're starting with.

It's worlds better than the alternatives (i.e. FM modulator).

It's very tolerable - not as good as CD or a high bitrate file via USB but sounds good enough IMO. If you're playing music downloaded from Zune subscription you probably won't notice much degradation due to the bit rate of the recordings (192kbps) you're starting with.
It's worlds better than the alternatives (i.e. FM modulator).
I have not got the zune subsciption cause I like to put them on CDs for my car. I might if it sounds good through AUX though ill order a cable I guess and try it out

From looking at that kit, it seems your net gain is the ability to charge the Zune. A creative person could find a way to do the same w/a cigarette lighter or direct connection. For sound, it looks like it's still 3.5mm straight through or a 3.5mm to RCA which is nothing special. You can do everything this kit will do now a lot cheaper.

I have a post about this but labeled differently. I use a Zune 80gb and plug it into the Aux connection on my KDC X519. It sounds no where near as loud as using a USB stick. I am relatively unhappy with this. I have the sound up all the way on the Zune and for some reason it must be that using the headphone output as apposed to the proprietary input on the bottom of the Zune the sound isn't as powerful. I got a free Ipod cable when I got the stereo but opted for the Zune as I liked it better. Nothing against my Zune but if it would output through the head unit like my USB stick I would be VERY happy. But, alas this isn't the case. Perhaps someone will come up with a cord solution at some point to remedy this.

I heard Alpine was supposed to come out with a zune connection in 09 but I guess we will see. Otherwise your options are to use 3.5mm jack, buy an iPod, use CD's, or use a portable HDD and store music on there...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.