Headunit start up delay question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomstang99

Ohio
I have a 99 cavalier with a sony cdx-gs500r headunit. Sometimes when i start the car the headunit takes like 10 seconds before it turns on. But other times it instantly turns on. Also my subwoofer amp will instantly light up after i start car while the headunit hasnt turned on yet? Anybody know why it delays sometimes

That is odd but wait til you see how long the Pioneer Double-Din navi units take to start up :p I'm lucky if I get close to 10 seconds lol.

The remote is hooked to the headunit. I haven't tried when i just turn accessories on. But today i started the car three times and it came rate on all three. But yesturday it would take like 10 seconds. lol I soldered all the wires so there connected good. I honestly think its just the car. It does weird **** all the time. Chevy's for you lol

it's sad i don't even know what kind of battery is in it lol i just bought the car couple weeks ago. i'll have to go look. But it's nothing fancy just a basic battery. i do plan on upgrading it for a better one when i get my sundown. And for the voltage idk i don't have a gauge to read it. Was thinking about buying a cheap one off amazon that plugs into cigarette outlet to give me an idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.