Headunit security ? what do you guys do ?

think outside the box

use security screws whenever possible

images

in the late 80's-early 90's, some peoplewould run small guage all-thread screwed into the back of the h/u and bolted through the firewall (this works extremely well)

buy a guard dog

razor blades can be hidden wherever fingers go

disposable cameras can be pulled apart. flashbulb leads spliced&connected to aluminum tape strips strategically placed in tight spots, not only will it shock the piss out of a thief, but it will flash with the bulb still in the circuit. multiple cameras and contact strips placed in several inconspicuous spots can really confuse, disorient, and deter a thief from proceeding.

if all else fails, pony-up for an alarm

I have really dark tints 15%. Even during the daytime, you'd really have to dry hard to see what kind of unit I have. Also, just general common knowledge of your neighborhood or the neighborhood you are going to. Sometimes I'd rather pay the $20 to park in a paid lot than run the risk of someone breaking into my car and stealing my $400 head unit.

Well, if you dont have insurance to cover for the theft of your unit,Id keep the stock POS in the dash, and install a unit under the dash with a coverplate, or throw it in the console, or in the glovebox accessable by remote control.Other than that, My insurance covers my stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.