head units - huge sq differences?

The only difference between regular pioneer and the premier is the warranty.
Actually that isn't true. Premier decks usually have more features and higher preout voltage than their non-Premier counter parts. Not only that there is NO Pioneer counter part for the 880/800 prs units.

yeah i went from a sony to an alpine and the alpine sounded alot better... i dont know what it was, maybe a placebo affect, but all my friends agreed...

the sony in comparasion sounded kind of "far away" i cant really explain it

yeah i went from a sony to an alpine and the alpine sounded alot better... i dont know what it was, maybe a placebo affect, but all my friends agreed...
the sony in comparasion sounded kind of "far away" i cant really explain it
It was probably lacking detail.

Consider the few things that could make a difference. Headunits don't "add" detail, it's just how well they process the music and send it out for amplification.

Consider the quality of DAC's.

Consider the Preamp Voltage.

Those two factors tend to make the largest difference. In terms of double dins, they will never have the SQ capabilites of a single din. Atleast they don't right now.

I think your best bet, if you are on a budget for a double din, is to look into Kenwood and Eclipse.

Actually that isn't true. Premier decks usually have more features and higher preout voltage than their non-Premier counter parts. Not only that there is NO Pioneer counter part for the 880/800 prs units.
actually, it is true, unless youre talking years back. more features, maybe, such as a faceplate case or beeping noise. more preout voltage? nah.

actually, it is true, unless youre talking years back. more features, maybe, such as a faceplate case or beeping noise. more preout voltage? nah.
Actually just as recent as 3 years ago. The 860 vs. the 8600. The 8600 didn't have the ability to go active where as the 860 did. Pretty big difference if you ask me.

Consider the few things that could make a difference. Headunits don't "add" detail, it's just how well they process the music and send it out for amplification.
Correct, they don't add detail. But the cheaper, poorly made head units can LACK detail. That was the point I was trying to make.

cool, i had an 860mp, great deck. anyways like you said, 3 years ago. cool.
Some of the newer ones may have those differences too. But I haven't really looked at the differences in quite a while as I have not had to shop for a head unit in a while.

ouch, that's not a good thing. i have enough trouble now trying to hit the volume levels i want with the deck at 85% volume and the gains on my amp **** near maxed out. is there some sort of adapter or amplifier i can purchase to change the 2 volts to 4 volts?
line driver

most amps now days should be able to reach full power with 2 volts... i would only add a line driver if i was having a problem with nosie before the wire got to the back of the car.. and would place the line driver towards the front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.