head unit won't turn off??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well i don't even have anything plugged in right now as far as door panels. The switches for windows and locks are unplugged and door panel is off. I was just out messing with the HU and noticed even if you take it out, and put it back on it will power up without the key being in. if that makes sense?
The switch I'm talking about is a pin switch that's normally mounted in the door jamb at the front but sometimes it's at the rear. And yeah, it does make sense that the radio has power to it if the circuit that turns that power off is not functioning.

What vehicle is it?

Try disconnecting the remote wire from your amp. My boy had a problem like this 2 years ago, he ran the remote wire from the radio fuse and somehow the remote wire was touching the power wire inside the amp and his radio wouldn't turn off.
okay i will thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.