head unit wiring problem

Participant count
  • Participant list
your install is likely the problem.

did you buy the proper wiring harness for the car so you didn't cut any factory wires?

how did you make connections to the harness? solder? crimp? wrap and tape?

most likely you don't have voltage on the ignition wire (red wire on the deck) or the constant wire (yellow) and you blew that fuse (which is why your lighting doesn't work). if it reacts to the car's ignition, it's likely the yellow wire since it shouldn't light up at all when the ignition is off (unless you mixed up your wiring).

find the radio fuse, and replace it. but first, clarify how you installed the head unit. your wiring may have a short which is why the fuse blew in the first place. just putting fuses in can cause more damage until you fix the short.

i have the red and yellow connected to the red and yellow i bought with the harness. it is the right harness. and the remote turn on is connected to the yellow and that turns it on but not all the way aparently. some wires sparked to as i was installing.

Remote cannot be to yellow, don't connect that to anything other than an amp remote input.

Sparks mean a fuse is blown. You should connect the head unit wiring harness to the metra harness before installing the head unit, so the rest is plug and play. The harness wire colors just match up. No wire should connect to a different color.

How did you connect wires?

Check fuses.

Remote cannot be to yellow, don't connect that to anything other than an amp remote input.
Sparks mean a fuse is blown. You should connect the head unit wiring harness to the metra harness before installing the head unit, so the rest is plug and play. The harness wire colors just match up. No wire should connect to a different color.

How did you connect wires?

Check fuses.
seriously THIS!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.