Head unit to match steering wheel controls and cd changer?

nickkramirez
10+ year member

agg
I'm looking to buy a new HU to upgrade my the stock one in my grand cherokee. i'm getting it so i can level out my sounds between my sub and speakers, and apparently i've heard it'll make things louder and sound better. I need one that will work with my steering wheel controls and my 10 disc changer in the back.

a screen would work, or just a reg HU.

any info? thanks=]

Yeah you can add the Peripheralelectronics Peswix

I put the RI in the dome light.. you can extend the wires using 16/4 Home audio cable

you can get that at any home audio shop or maybe Home Depot ot Radio Shack

Use the Remote that comes with your HU to program it..

I think it can only Hold 5 steps..

Vol. Up & Down = 2

Source = 1

Track Skip Foward & Back = 2

Thats about it..

Peace & Good Luck

Troy

If you want to keep the steering wheel controls, then look at PAC's website or even peripheral electronics. They both make universal and brand specific interfaces. As far as the changer, if it is factory, then there's no way you can keep it with an aftermarket HU. Besides, factory *****.

Wjjeeps.com

Scroll down to Stereo section.

It explains every aspect of what you can do.

I just installed mine yesterday and it works great. Much much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.