Head Unit To Fit My Wants

Participant count
  • Participant list
3 way active front stage means you have a midbass driver taking care of 80-300hz range, midrange driver taking care of 300hz to 3500hz/5000hz then a tweeter taking care of everything above that. You use either amp or head unit to crossover the signal to let each speaker specialize in their jobs and choosing the crossover slopes to make a perfect blend. If does not mean front rear and sub. substage and rear fill are they are their own thing.

Howard all the way.

if your worried about not having a front USB, dont fret too much about it. Normally when you have a dash mount kit for your head unit, there's a hole somewhere in the storage compartment and you can easily put the usb wire through and it'll be a nicely hidden usb. Here's an example of how mines look like.

hENx0pA.jpg

Advantage of this is your USB's life will be extended because its not exposed to the hot sun all the time (i have had usbs die that way) and the display on the head unit will be bigger due to the extra space. People also generally dont look inside that hole, you only see something in there because of the flash on my camera, normally its totally hidden. When i'm using the usb instead of SD slot, they have no idea where the source of my music is comming from. Most think i have some fancy subscription. Having the usb in the front makes it look kinda cheap headunit wise. It would have been cool if they moved the aux to the back too and made the screen even bigger. I'd prefer a bigger screen to having a usb sticking out like a sore thumb anyday.

My head unit also has a SD card slot reader up to 128 gigs for those extremely bloated lossless files. However, this head unit is soo **** good that you really dont notice too much of a difference between mp3 and flac since the digital audio convertor on this head unit is really great.

Kick ******' ***, man. I'm going with the Pioneer DEH 80PRS.

And I prefer Howard too. KE with Howard produced the best cover of Holy Diver (or possibly any Dio song) I've ever heard. Not that that cover is the only song of theirs that I like obviously.

So thank you, kind sir. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Active is when you process the signal going to the speakers before amping them. So you do your processing at the headunit or amp, and then the signal hits the amps, it amplifies them, and then your speakers only play what the headunit tells it.
A traditional setup is when you dont do the processing at the headunit, you amplify everything, and then you do the processing after.

Awesome. Thank you for the advice and information, bro. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.