Head unit to battery????

tbirdsony
10+ year member

toronto
hey one of my friends has a high end alpine cd player. cd player does not have a built in amp. we installed the thing on friday and the manual said that we HAVE to wire the power direct from the battery (like you would for a amp for subs) but also the manual said that you may use the normal ground wire that comes out of the dash from the stock head unit.... the alpine is working great. i dont understand why it needs to be wired direct to the battery seeing that it does not have a interal amp. but my question is i have a sony head unit notting special 52x4 with front and rear rca 5.5v each. would it make a difference if i wired it direct to the battery like the alpine???

AJ

NO. It would not. I am unsure why they would call for a direct wire to the battery. The only reason for tha is for the memory function of the HU. In your dash you have 2 power wires. 1 is constant hot (direct lead to the battery) and the other is only on with the ignition.

I am not sure what your question is ment by helping, but if you want more power or better sound NO is the answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.