Apparently dead Kenwood head unit can be reset by disconnecting battery?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

abillmann

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all,

I've got an old 2002 Acura TL that's been working just fine with a Kenwood DPX792BH head unit until recently. For whatever reason, the unit sometimes goes completely dead sometime after the car is turned off--absolutely no signs of life whatsoever when the car is started again.

When I disconnect the negative battery terminal and re-connect it, the unit comes back to life (with everything reset to factory settings, obviously). It works again for a while, maybe a week or two, then dies again. So I pop the hood, disconnect the battery, re-connect it...and it's fine again.

Any guesses on what could explain this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

This was my thought train, that the speakers had all sort of gone out together. But its the bit where the radio won’t play at all, but a cd or aux...
I have a zapco 4.0 and 6.0 that was stored in an area near the beach and corroded it pretty bad. Never was powered since it was stored working...
Normally I don't cheer players losing...but every since LeBron said he was the greatest ever...well...go nuggets 🤣🤣🤣
So, I had just picked up a Rockford Fosgate P300-2. A 2-channel amp. I had purchased it for 20$ knowing it wasn't working. But I was hoping it was...

About this thread

abillmann

CarAudio.com Newbie
abillmann
Madison, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from