Head Unit Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
i have the RCA's running from Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs on the back of the deck running to a Hifonics BRX2000.1d mono amp..... running a Kicker 4 gauge amp kit

The rear set of rca's on that deck is switchable between full range output or sub output so you do have a sub preamp output.

HERE ARE THE SPECS ON MY HEAD UNIT:

Features and Specs

General

CEA-2006 Compliant Yes

RMS Power Output 14 watts

Peak Output 50 watts

RMS Power Bandwidth 20-20kHz

Preamp Outputs 4-channel

Sub Preamp Outputs No

Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs Yes

Video Screen No

Preamp Voltage 2 volts

Display Color White

Key Button Color Blue

EQ Bands 5

Wireless Remote Yes

Steering Wheel Control Compatible Adapter required

Parts Warranty 1 Year

Labor Warranty 1 Year

Expandability

AUX Input Front

Audio/video Input

USB Input Front

Memory Card Slot USB memory

Bluetooth Compatible Built-in

Satellite Radio Ready No

HD Radio No

Navigation ---

iPod Compatibility

Full size Classic/5Gen

Nano 7/6/5/4/3/2/1

Touch 5/4/3/2/1

Mini No

iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS/3G/2G

Tuner

FM Sensitivity 9 dBf

European Tuning No

Seek/Scan Seek

Radio Data System Yes

Product Research

HERE ARE THE SPECS ON MY HEAD UNIT:
Features and Specs

General

CEA-2006 Compliant Yes

RMS Power Output 14 watts

Peak Output 50 watts

RMS Power Bandwidth 20-20kHz

Preamp Outputs 4-channel

Sub Preamp Outputs No

Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs Yes

Video Screen No

Preamp Voltage 2 volts

Display Color White

Key Button Color Blue

EQ Bands 5

Wireless Remote Yes

Steering Wheel Control Compatible Adapter required

Parts Warranty 1 Year

Labor Warranty 1 Year

Expandability

AUX Input Front

Audio/video Input

USB Input Front

Memory Card Slot USB memory

Bluetooth Compatible Built-in

Satellite Radio Ready No

HD Radio No

Navigation ---

iPod Compatibility

Full size Classic/5Gen

Nano 7/6/5/4/3/2/1

Touch 5/4/3/2/1

Mini No

iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS/3G/2G

Tuner

FM Sensitivity 9 dBf

European Tuning No

Seek/Scan Seek

Radio Data System Yes

Product Research
I don't follow????

you bought a cheap head unit on eBay with terrible spelling and no product support. having problems is part of that purchase. i would say to read the manual but you probably didn't get one worth a cent.
the image on ebay shows sub output RCA's, despite most of the labels being mispelled. it's hard to say what you actually got if it doesn't match the picture.
i actually bought it from Cruthcfield..... i have the manual still but im new to the whole car audio and dont really know what everything is for or does

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

you bought a cheap head unit on eBay with terrible spelling and no product support. having problems is part of that purchase. i would say to read the manual but you probably didn't get one worth a cent.
the image on ebay shows sub output RCA's, despite most of the labels being mispelled. it's hard to say what you actually got if it doesn't match the picture.
Pioneer DEH-X4600BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

ok. i saw the ebay ad in another thread and i made an assumption. i wasn't trying to sound mean and i apologize.
no no problem i didnt take it like that!!! im just new to all this and learning as i go so i know what to look for when i upgrade my HU.... which im looking to do lATE SPRING/EARLY SUMMER

whats the difference between "sub preamp output" and "switchable rear preamp output?"
Really there isn't expect that on decks with dedicated sub preamp's there is usually also a set of front, rear, and sub preamps and usually the sub will have several xover settings to choose from vs. a deck with switchable rear which is one in which the deck has two sets of full range outputs with the rear set being able to be set to one specific low pass point and handle the duties of the sub, also usually on these decks when the switchable preamp is engaged you also lose the fader..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.