Head unit problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

SuckMikeHawk23
10+ year member

#1 Laker Hater
My friend ran into a problem on a head unit install and i couldnt figure it out. Maybe one of you guys can help, heres what he wrote:

I installed a panasonic md/cd deck on my friend's 2000 Civic LX (4dr.) the other day and now, when the car comes to a complete stop, it stalls occasionally. I spliced the stock wires and ran it straight to the headunit without a wiring harness and was sure to remove the negative battery terminal before I started installing anything. The deck turns on and functions properly. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to what the problem was and how to fix it. Thanks.

if the car is a couple of years old then read this--- when you remove the ground from the battery the error codes and adaptive specs decay from the memory of the car's computer. This causes the computer in that car to run the motor as if the sensors were new which they are not causing it to stall. You see over so many starts and warm ups the computer LEARNS that some sensors are not in the proper range and it remembers to use NEW values for them. This can take 20-70 warm ups. you may also see the engine light come on too. the reason it learns is so the car can run on bad sensors untill you get them fixed or replaced. Tell him to run the a/c too as this makes the computer learn how to keep the idle while the AC is on. Over the next couple of days the car will run better. Tell him to ake his car in for a computer diagnostic test. This will tell him what the computer is tryiing to fix.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.