Head Unit Problems (Stock)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Indexer
10+ year member

At work
So I am doing an install in a friends 2009 Hyundai Accent.

I got the amps and subs wired up in the car, tested my ground and power wires by running the remote wire directly to the battery. Touched it and they came on! I thought all was good, but when I went to hook up the converter adapter (to get rca signal from speaker wires) , I ran into some major problems.

At first when we tested I didn't get any sound, and it was time to hit the real job, (he works with me), so we left and when we started working on it again at work, the head unit won't even turn on. Before when we would touch the RED wire that we cut (to add the remote wire with a clamp) it use to turn on like normal. Now when we even connect it with the proper connections, no power.

He also lost use of his car blinkers. At first I thought a fuse? doesn't seem so because I checked them.

Does anyone have multiple idea's that would help us at least restore stock operations to his head unit and blinkers? I don't want to bring it to the shop just yet if we can come up with an idea here.

Working idea rewards $10 via paypal.

Thanks

(Let me add that before we left for work, and we had already snipped that red wire to hook the remote too, that when we did re-touch the red wire, the head unit would turn on until we untouched the 2 wires. So it did work at one point)

are those the wire colors you have behind the radio?

was the factory system amplified or not?

from what i see looks like you cut the constant power wire

also what kind of rca adapter are you using (SNI-35?)

adjustable adapters come preset at minimum gain so you have to usually turn it up at least to half (depending on the speaker power)

as far as fuses have you checked all of them? the under dash and engine bay fuses?

what did you use to check them? i personally pull every fuse out and look thru it to see if its blown or damaged in any other way.

your blinkers might not work because the hazard light button is not hooked up try hooking it back up.

2008 Hyundai Accent Car Stereo Wire Color Codes

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Green

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black or Gray/Black

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Yellow

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Blue

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Located on the right side of the trunk cargo area, behind the plastic trim.

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green

is this how the plug looks on the back of your stereo?

21xcclLI1ZL._SL500_AA200_.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.