Head unit power problem

chevykid86

NJ
Hey guys . Im posting on behalf of a previous post . Im starting a new post because I couldn't post on the last because tokens were expired ??? . Anyway I got a lot of good advice from you guys about troubleshooting my head unit . This is what I did so far . I checked all wiring and the fuse behind the head unit and everything looks good the fuse is not blown . I unplugged the power supply to the head unit then plugged it back in . It turned on for about 15 to 20 seconds then turned off again . If it is grounding out where would it possibly be ? Can door speakers cause this problem also ? I'm sorry if im asking so much . I am new to this and trying to learn . Everyone's advise and suggestions has helped / worked so far . Im stuck once again . Im not sure what my next step would be .

This what I have installed into my truck . 2003 s10 crew cab .

2 Infinity Kappa 100.9w Subwoofer 2 infinity reference 1600a . Kenwood Excelon KDC-X492 deck .

I had a similar issue, what i ended up having to do is not use the OEM ground at all nor the positive lead, i ran a 12 ga wire directly to the batt and rewired my ac power (the yellow wire) to my fuse panel then my ground to a good spot on the chassis, after that. no issues what so ever

i ended up running a power cable from the pos from the battery, then grounded it out behind the hu. but i had to use a switch to prevent constant power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.