HDC3 fail

Ok Mr. Kettle as far as the spelling goes......You mentioned that Jacob would contact you upon seeing build issues with a motor like that. Would you post pics on here or sites like it first, or would you contact Jacob directly? I think you would have handled it a little better. But then again if the guys that have issues with you would have never seen it, this thread would not be as long.

Here is what I have observed......

1. You feel it's a junk sub

2. Guys who know your intentions (or think they do) take offense

3. Other guys who back other companies pop in. Not to defend you or your opinion, but to have their "Glad I chose ________" moment.

4. Guys who wouldn't **** on you if your face was on fire tell you that the subs work for them.

5. Other crap about your past dealings with the guys in #4 comes out.

6. Then all the guys that have issues with the guys you had past dealings with state their opinions about a group of guys they never met.

7. This thread and threads like it turn even more gay.

Me being me, I think it's just best that I move on. your pics, research, opinions etc will not stop ME from considering them. My intentions for use, may not be the next guy's. That's really where it stands. No use bring up the past any more.
Thank you Von I could not agree with you more, very nice summary. I am not by any means trying to stop you from considering a subwoofer by them. To be honest the HD was one of the best engineered subs ever, simple, effective and well thought out. I think a few people would agree that they miss that. Would I run an HDC3, no. Would I run an HD or try the new 4" coil motor based on a different design, sure any day of the week. I am simply not happy with this sub line (going off my personal dealings) thats all.

And about contacting another company before making a post. I sent an email last night to FI about a BTL I have with a major motor issue which I will post up in a new thread, I got an email back from them early this morning. When I had an issue with a Sundown that came with a cracked basket, Jacob got back to me within 24 hours. Now I am not saying I expect a return email that fast from every company, that would just be crazy. I was just dissapointed that I never got anything back. Most companies have that email system that does an instant reply saying we have received your email and will be returning an email as soon as we can.

This is my first post in a long time, I read this whole thread and wanted to post my personal experiences with AQ. The HD was way, way better as far as soft parts, took many burps of 6k per 10. Folded the cones due to my own fault of opening the hatch when burping. I got new recones resined the back of the cone and burped them many many comps even full tilt. They got me the 1st place trophy of the TNESPL finals. As far as the HDC's go, I purchased a pair used with little use. Noticed right away they were cheaply made, the tiny screws that held the plastic ring were missing and one was cracked. I burped them twice and the spiders ripped apart on both subs. I was very dissapointed, so I dished out money for some recones, at that time they were still the chinese soft parts. I didnt care for the plastic ring at all and the newer baskets which gave a tad extra throw. I reconed them and sold them, the new hdc's never even seen competition. I did love the fact that the bl was higher than the hds which is why I went that route. The HDs were top of the line woofer, just wish they put the newer cone on the old woofers, now that would be something....

egg
Agreed I got to see some HDs and a friend had some, they were great. I will never understand that plastic ring either btw. Using any decent glue would hold that spider down better then a plastic ring would. And BTW RD used them too, I broke mine and recomended to anyone else using em to remove them as they are pointless.

I have an HD3 here that was epically quiet.

I think the old softparts are partly to blame, but I don't think it's gonna make up the 2+ dB difference from the 9512.

Never got to try an HDC3, always had it in the back of my mind though. Anybody have a 12" that I can test out? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think the old softparts are partly to blame, but I don't think it's gonna make up the 2+ dB difference from the 9512.

Never got to try an HDC3, always had it in the back of my mind though. Anybody have a 12" that I can test out? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

haha, i have a sa15 you can try out....rumor is your coming down to lafayette this weekend??

kyle

I have a 9512G that you can use, better than the HDC3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sweet, I'll have to stop and pick up a case of beer. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No offense I just cant picture you drinking, I think I was the only one drinking beer at the CACO show actually.

I have a 9512G that you can use, better than the HDC3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Use? Sure. Buy? No. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No offense I just cant picture you drinking, I think I was the only one drinking beer at the CACO show actually.
Obviously you've never been to a 2-day show that I'm at. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

since i showed my doors.... can i beezzz on doa

if this helps f-von
lol. I like those doors. You also have to get rid of those SA-10s and the 3500. If you have been reading the threads, you know we ALL run AQ.

You ever come to the shows in Gary at the strip club? I'd like to check out that 4th order one day.

lol. I like those doors. You also have to get rid of those SA-10s and the 3500. If you have been reading the threads, you know we ALL run AQ.
You ever come to the shows in Gary at the strip club? I'd like to check out that 4th order one day.

haha no way in hell im dropping sundown lol, and ill be up with hank someday to gary... ill bring the car up

haha no way in hell im dropping sundown lol, and ill be up with hank someday to gary... ill bring the car up
LOL doesn't matter what you run. I have a Sundown 3k that I use in one of my cars.

Well that's assuming that shows will still be held in Gary. Shows were great, but we didn't do much to help the dancing girls. Dom will most likely let us know once it warms up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpin buick

5,000+ posts
Science is everything
bumpin buick
Appleton, Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date