thylantyr
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
http://www.projectorcentral.com/hd-dvd.htm

People spent lots of money acquiring their favorite movies on tape,

then again on DVD, now you get to spend more money on the same movie

if you drool for high definition DVD's.

Imagine making one product and selling it over and over again because

there is a new methodology for delivery.

I can see George Lucas now, re-milking the Star Wars franchise by releasing

Star Wars again on high - def. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

i wonder which format will prevail. blu-ray or hd-dvd. i can't see it being like the -/+ r wars where they just became one. regardless someones going to lose alot of money. atleast dosen't have to just write it off if they lose, because they'll always use it for the ps3 and im sure if the next console uses an optical format they'll still use some form of blu-ray

edit: i would bet on blu-ray incase anyone was wondering (which you wern't). simply because there are alot of heavyweights backing it up in comparison to the hd-dvd camp. not that nec is any wimp

Its too bad they couldn't have joined forces and came out with 1 format. EVERYONE would have benefitted from it. DVD had the same problem early in its development and eventually they all agreed on one standard and you see how successful the format is. Fuckin morons are all shooting themselves in the foot and don't even know it.

haha i dont know if i should be sorry for you or happy for you regarding your lack of knowledge of the business world
/serious
Happy or sorry..........I could give a fuck what you think.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

My knowledge of the business world is irrelevant. The fact is that DVD was a successful format because it was a united format. If it would have been divided it may not have made it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

My knowledge of the business world is irrelevant. The fact is that DVD was a successful format because it was a united format. If it would have been divided it may not have made it.

thats not a fact marshmellow dick. before you jam your foot farther down your deep throat, i suggest you look up a little format called Divx

thats not a fact marshmellow dick. before you jam your foot farther down your deep throat, i suggest you look up a little format called Divx

What?? Divx was the same format asswipe. Divx was just a different way of delivering the same format. It was a pay per view rental system that failed miserably. You buy the disc for cheap which came with a certain amount of viewing times and after that you had to pay on a monthly basis for every time you watched it after that. So before YOU open your ignorant mouth you should get YOUR facts straight.

Speaking of throats..........you're the only one who would know anything about having something deep in your throat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIVX

most likely one format would have become more popular than the other and one group would make it big while the other would fail. regardless people would have still bought dvd's.

most likely one format would have become more popular than the other and one group would make it big while the other would fail. regardless people would have still bought dvd's.

I think you're missing the point man. They are the SAME format. Divx was a rental system for the same DVD format.

The reason for this post is to awe at the better picture quality without having

to spend uber bucks on expensive hardware we see today. I went to Circuit City

and saw an LG plasma TV with $200 LG DVD player directly connected playing

Narnia. The picture quality was azz ... you see edge artifacts and all that crummy

stuff from a few feet away. I'd have to stand back 10 feet not to notice it.

I've only seen one setup at the high end store where they had a high end Marantz upconverting DVD player costing

$2k that fed an LCD TV, the picture quality was almost HD in quality, no visual gremlins. Eventually the more expensive

hardware will find it's way into $200 DVD players so you can up sample your current DVD library to watch on your

ordinary high-tech TV so all it not lost, but it's neat to see that a $500 HD-DVD player is offering an quantum leap in

video performance without having uber expensive hardware. The author claims you can even use a cheap lower resolution

projector with a high quality source like HD-DVD and see huge benefits.

I'm gonna wait 2 years before thinking about video upgrades, should be interesting going forward.

HD p0rn is next ?

HD P0RN? Just go get laid lol....

The player does make a difference, and new formats are pretty exciting. But a huge cost is also factored into rolling out a new format.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.