HD 8000 and X12s

Participant count
  • Participant list

BlurredVision
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm looking for more power. My amp now after rise makes about 1800. So if I were to buy a hd 8000 and run at 4 ohms, would that be fairly safe? I was gonna get the 5k, but for a little more I can have the 8k and just run a higher ohms. Currently, I jump 2 ohms at 1. You guys think it'll do the same at 4?

Or should I get a hd 5000 2 ohm version and run at 4 ohms?

I think running at 4 ohms, you get even worse box rise. Running lower ohm loads will lessen it.
At 4 ohms you would be lucky to 2k and probably a lot less with box rise ? I am not sure on box rise increasing w/ohm load. I do know I have a hd15000 wired at 2ohms and after box rise I bet am probably around 4k, dont know for sure but will clamp it this weekend if I get time and let you know. I know at 2ohms it must be hella efficient because I rarely drop under 13.8 v. Maybe one of the more knowledgeable will chime in ?

Thank you guys. 3 ohms out of the 8k should get them moving. Boomin, you don't want more power on yours?
I would love to but that would require me to get multiple batteries and a HO alt. Don't wanna deal with any extra batteries. I know I'll prob get talked about behind my back but I really don't care, unless they wanna donate a few to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And I'm broke as fawk right now. Payday can't come any faster.

I would love to but that would require me to get multiple batteries and a HO alt. Don't wanna deal with any extra batteries. I know I'll prob get talked about behind my back but I really don't care, unless they wanna donate a few to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And I'm broke as fawk right now. Payday can't come any faster.
Looser !!! Lol jk bro it don't matter what you got just matters you like it and have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looser !!! Lol jk bro it don't matter what you got just matters you like it and have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah....I gotta do a few things to it and then that's it. Install the 1/0 wiring for big 3, replace the 2 gauge now with it. Use that 2 gauge for my s10 build. Then my new Polk speakers replace the CDT ancient speakers. Not much but should sound better, louder once said things get done.

IDK why everyone wants to run at higher ohm loads to get less power.. Turn the gain down.....
In my case I have dvc 2 ohms subs and My original plan was 2 ohm 10k but they sold out and so I just went with the 15k 1 ohm but I want to recone down to .7 or 1 ohm final load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.