MooreMunky169

CarAudio.com Newbie
So this is my setup

AVH-2550NEX Pioneer Receiver
2x TS-D65F Pioneer 6.5" Speakers
2x TS-A300TW Pioneer 3/4" Tweeters
2x TS-A4670F Pioneer 4x6 Speakers
1x GM-D8704 Pioneer Amp

Amp was hooked up using 4 gauge wiring all new & a 80 amp fuse on the positive battery wire
All speakers were hooked up with 14 gauge wiring all new

The Amp was set to 4ch and Gain was set to "N" on both front and rear on the amp. The HPF was also turned on on both front and rear.

The bass boost knob was installed and plugged in

On the head unit I also turned on the HPF crossover.

Given this setup could you please help me possibly figure out what the issue is. I had the Tweeters & the 4x6's completely blow. The 6.5" are still working however when I looked at them after taking off the door panels the tweeters in the front of the 6.5" are melted pretty good. I have no clue what could be causing it. If you could possibly point me in the right direction in fixing this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I can provide any other information if needed.

So, the 6.5" are in the Front doors I rewired with 14 gauge wiring. The Rear doors a the 4x6's with 14 gauge wiring as well. The tweeters were tied into the front door speakers with a wired in crossover. All the speaker wires were ran to the Amp. The Amp was wired in with 4 gauge amp kit with a 80 amp fuse. From the Amp RCA cables were run to the head unit. The Amp is on 4ch and both front and rear have the HPF on. The Gain is set to "Normal" and the frequency set to 60. The head unit has the Crossover HPF on as well set at 60 frequency.

whats the crossover freq. between 6.5's and tweets....prolly fried tweets by playing to low of frequencies......most tweeters cant handle much power below 2K

These are the tweeters I purchased:

What were the in line crossover rated for?

The Amp is set at HPF 60Hz and the receiver is actually set at HPF 80Hz with a -20dB/Oct slope. So far with the blow speakers the cost is adding up. I just don't want to damage the new 6.5" that I just put in the rear to replace the 4x6's and I ordered two new 6.5" to replace the front ones that have the melted fronts as they are two way speakers. At this point any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for replying to try and figure this out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.