Having difficulty in inserting the key into the lock - requires a locksmith

herexmafe

usa
i have my car nissan GTR 2002 and overall it is a nice car but from a week ago i'm having problem while inserting the key in to the lock and if it goes inside the lock then it wont turn. i dnt know what to do with it if anyone is familiar with this issue then plzz help me and drop me a message ...

try spraying liquid graphite into the lock cylinder..let it soak in for about 20 minutes and then work the key back and forth for a while until it operates smoothly then start turning the key. you may have to spray it a few times. if this doesnt work then you need to have the lock cylinder rebulit or replaced. your nissan dealer can help you with that

3n1 oil does work but doesnt last. it is to thin. where i live the road salt would just laugh at 3n1. op if you live in area without a lot of road salt you should be ok with whyumads suggestion but if you are up north then try the graphite

So you're saying you have an R34 skyline in America and your key won't work anymore?

You're going to have one hell of a time finding a locksmith that can make a key for a Skyline (if you even own it) and if you have actual lock problems and need the part replaced, it probably won't be easy finding that either.

So you're saying you have an R34 skyline in America and your key won't work anymore?
You're going to have one hell of a time finding a locksmith that can make a key for a Skyline (if you even own it) and if you have actual lock problems and need the part replaced, it probably won't be easy finding that either.

umad that he owns a skyline?

umad that he owns a skyline?
Nope just saying he may have trouble with his key problems, and he joined the wrong forums asking for help lol

A nissan forum would be a much better place to go to. He asked if anybody here is familiar with it, and I'm sure very few people here have owned an R34

I'd be jealous if it was an R32 though lol

a lock cylinder is a lock cylinder, the only reason i suggested the dealer was for the key code to code the cylinder. it being a gtr has nothing to do with the actual repair

a lock cylinder is a lock cylinder, the only reason i suggested the dealer was for the key code to code the cylinder. it being a gtr has nothing to do with the actual repair
Getting a part for a car there was never manufactured in america isn't as easy you think, espeically a Skyline.

i agree but i hardly doubt the skyline has special uber rare exotic lock cylinders. probably the same cylinders as a stanza or altima. op i would check the skyline forums for sure but i am almost positive they are standard run of the mill cylinders

Getting a part for a car there was never manufactured in america isn't as easy you think, espeically a Skyline.
This. There were major things that had to be done to make them a legal driver in US, they were never mfg. here. Finding anything without buying it from Japan or HK is very difficult.

Change the driver side and emissions
No biggie
Swapping all the drive linkage and dash isn't a "no biggie", but you can legally drive right hand drive cars in the US, look at mail trucks.

Emissions was a big deal because they are REALLY picky about it. Porsche Carrera GTs had the same issue. They kept getting sent back to the shop multiple times because US DOT went through them with a fine-tooth comb.

really dude???,a buddy i was in the Marines with brought an R32 back with him and parts are not hard to get,just goes the the dealer and orders them,its that simple. hell i have a 92 paseo,they stopped making those here in the US in 97,and parts are just an order away.when we were in Japan i toured the Toyota plant, Toyota,Nissan and Honda are all in the same giant a$$ building/plant

anyone with an IQ over 50 can get parts for anything,just a matter of time and research.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.